Job: Standard Apparel | National Account Manager - Menswear | Toronto, Ont
The Men’s Sales Representative is responsible for the growth, profitability, and account
penetration in their respective territory. The Sales Representative is
responsible for managing existing accounts and securing new accounts.
Standard Apparel was founded in 2007 with a mission to acquire high quality sought after
clothing lines for distribution in North America. We seek out brands with a strong history,
powerful branding and untapped potential. Today, we are the exclusive Canadian distributors of
Fred Perry, Mother, Ragdoll, Aviator Nation, Hudson Bay Company Signature Collection, Aigle, Rivieras, Nau, and Black Yak.
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
• Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business.
• Services and supports customers through phone calls and store visits including product knowledge presentations.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting and logistics functions.
• Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers
• Identifies advantages and compares competitive product’s products.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Keeps abreast of product trends, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and retail areas.
• Uses Salesforce to track all customer communication.
• Participates in trade shows and conventions.
• Reports directly to the President.
• The candidate must be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively, and be well organized.
• The ideal candidate will understand, relate to, and be able to communicate the unique quality and heritage of the brands represented as well as the Company brand itself.
• Must possess 3 to 5 years business development experience, more specifically managing client accounts in the fashion distribution industry.
• Post secondary degree in a relevant field of business (commerce, marketing, communication, etc.).
• Fluent in English
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
• Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and own a vehicle.
• Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel to the USA and other countries.
Please apply using the "send email " button on the right.