Job: KPU | COORDINATOR - FASHION & TECHNOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM | Vancouver, BC
Commencing August 15, 2018 the Fashion & Technology (FASN) Degree program at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is seeking a Program Coordinator (50% time release) on the Richmond Campus.
COORDINATOR FOR THE FASHION & TECHNOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM – Competition Number 18-67
The position of Program Coordinator is a three-year term, with the possibility of renewal. Coordination includes, but is not limited to timetabling of courses, education and curriculum planning and monitoring, working with the Dean on budget management and scheduling, acting as a spokesperson for the department, liaising with other departments and with external bodies such as professional associations and industry, and fostering student success.
The successful applicant will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or related disciplines or academic credentials and experience appropriate to areas of responsibility (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred for full-time faculty). Post-secondary teaching experience, minimum 3 years preferred or a teaching credential, and 5 years related work experience.
• Student focused: Demonstrates appreciation for students and the role of a learner centered institution
• Collaborative: provides evidence of strong interpersonal communication and embracing a collaborative style of working. Team player committed to fostering consensus building towards the success of the program
• Leader: Strong academic leadership qualities and experience
• Organizational skills: diplomatic, consultative, and democratic. Organized, pays attention to details and a multi-tasker; able to manage and prioritize multiple demands and various levels of accountability. Understands institutional policies and procedures.
• Strong communicator: effective written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal skills: dedicated and reliable; positive and eager; flexible, open minded, adaptable, and resilient. Confident, self-directed, pro-active, action oriented, ‘can-do’ personality. Embraces diversity. Has a sense of humour. Dedicated to creating and maintaining a motivational climate and work closely with other faculty.
• Innovative: a broad, innovative, creative, and big picture thinker
Candidates will be required to demonstrate understanding of the program’s integrated curriculum model as well as their interest and abilities to consult with and represent the program.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, quoting competition number 18-67 by April 23, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.